If you are a fan of watersports and you want to learn French, then our programme French and sailing is for you !
This programme is open to anyone aged 16 or over wishing to team a French course with watersports. (beginner – advanced level)
With its sheltered bay of 180 km2, the rade of Brest is a magnificent training area no matter which sport you choose: sailing, kite-surf, kayak, standup-paddle etc. and many watersports events are organised in the bay such as multi-sport speed trials, the EDHEC regatta, the light yacht European championships.
After mornings in class at CielBretagne, whether you are a beginner or perfecting your technique, you can discover the thrills and excitement of your chosen sport in complete safety, supervised by state qualified instructors.
1. Classes in an international group in the morning :
- integration into an intensive group at your level
- 20 hours of class: Monday – Friday, 9.15 – 13.15
- maximum 12 students per class
- development of the 4 communication skills (oral comprehension and expression, written comprehension and expression)
- grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation
- daily life and culture
- daily homework and a test on Friday morning
- end of course certificate
2. Choice of watersports in the afternoon :
- laser (dinghy)
- sea kayak
The qualified instructors of the SRB (Société des Régates de Brest) will be in charge of your watersports activity. In complete safety, you will rapidly become autonomous and discover the sensations and pleasure of being on the sea and in harmony with the natural elements.
Those who already have a high level and who want more thrills and excitement, La Base de vitesse de Brest offers throughout the year, the biggest « battle » of speed organised in the world to date, on a play-ground of 200km2 ! It’s simple – be the fastest over 500m, on a choice of more than 20 different supports!For more information: http://www.basevitessebrest.com